Place for object “trans_plant”, Matthias Schumann

Matthias Schumann already has dicovered his place during an excursion at 2013/07/03. Actually there are two places, because it’s about the transplantation exchange of two square meters of gras – one in Poland and one in Germany. In Poland it will be taken from the old School in Posada (former DE: Rußdorf), in Germany from the Monastry Marienthal. Both places have a distance of only a few dozen meters and are closely connected by history. Here some Pictures of the old School in Posada:

IMG_5952a_small              IMG_5969a_small   IMG_5944a_small

Historical abstract of Rusdorf/Posada

The first historic announcement of „ Rudunchesdorf” is from 1273, when Tietzo of Chottow sold a part of the village to the monastery Marienthal. Since 1329 the whole village belonged to the monastery which was confirmed by king John in 1346. It was parished to the nearby town of Ostritz and not to the church in the neighbor village of Koenigshain.

Over the centuries the name has changed into Rudelsdorff and, since the time of the 30 years war, into Rusdorf or Rußdorf.

A first catholic school from 18th century soon became too small and a new school was opened in 1853. After the initiation of the train route along the valley of the river Neisse Rusdorf received an own station. That helped to become a touristic starting point for trips to the romantic valley of southern Neisse till Rohnau (today: Trzciniec, part of Bogatynia) and Rosenthal (today part of Hirschfelde). In 1881 a post station was opened in Rusdorf.

In 1898 a protestant school and meeting house was built at the edge of the village. Standing on a hill upon the valley it soon became the village’s landmark with its neogothic tower. In 1903 the name of the village was finally fixed as Rusdorf.

In 1922 Rusdorf became part and seat of the municipality of Marienthal with 992 inhabitants in 1925. In the time of “Gleichschaltung” the Nazis restructured the usage of the two schools: The catholic as basic primary school, the protestant as secondary school.

After the end of the Second World War the village became Polish under the name Posada while the monastery remained German as part of Saxony. That has led to the split of the former municipality of Marienthal.

The German inhabitants became refugees in 1945. Posada, as part of municipality Działoszyn, became incorporated into the now Polish town of Bogatynia. The former protestant school soon became ruined. Later on the train station in Posada was closed and since 2000 no Polish trains take the route via Posada only – as a curiosity – German trains.

On the right bank of the river Neisse a “route of poets” leads to Krzewina, the Polish neighboring place of Ostritz. In Posada several houses in the typical style of Upper Lusatian houses (DE: Umgebindehaus) can be found until today, although the most of them are not in good conditions.In 2003 the lord mayors of Marienthal (DE) and Posada (PL) have made an agreement again to build a bridge between the two places.

Historical photographies of Rusdorf/Posada

Link to a historical map

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA 52831 36799 1916